Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Mount Sinai West as a Senior Financial Analyst. In this role, the successful candidate reports directly to the Senior Director of Finance and Administration in manage budgeting, reporting and analyzing financial information in support of various operational departments and initiatives that is accurate, timely and relevant for senior management to utilize in identifying and managing their strategic objectives.
The Senior Financial Analyst plans, organizes and directs day to day analytical activities and functions related to the fiscal and administrative functions for Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with department administrators in developing and managing the hospital operating budget submission to insure reasonability, consistency with operating trends and compliance with P&S budget guidelines.
- Prepares various budget analyses including key performance indicators and performance measurements for both the Hospital and School.
- Responds to financial analysis requests of senior management in a timely fashion and prepares ad hoc financial analysis/reports as necessary and provides reliable and responsive accounting.
- Interprets monthly financial results(actual vs budget analysis), identifying trends as well as opportunities and risks in salaries, expenses, and overtime.
- Works with managers to ensure that expenses are accurately charged to appropriate areas so that information is properly reflected in monthly financial and responsibility statements.
- Assists with developing, maintaining and tracking capital budget projects.
- Works with department administrators to understand performance of Faculty Practice groups, may be asked to perform ad hoc analysis.
- Analyze revenue cycle metrics to assist departments with maximizing revenue opportunities and minimizing denials.
- Creating more streamlined, efficient reporting for distribution.
- Prepares and evaluates business proposals to implement new programs and expand existing programs.
- Identify and implement continuous process improvements both financial and non-financial.
- Assist Sr. Director of Finance with various special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field.
- Master’s degree in a healthcare related and/or computer science field preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of financial management, physician group practice arrangements and departmental programs.
- Must be able to work with large data sets and demonstrate thorough aptitude for quantitative analyses