Strength Through Diversity. Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure and maintain cleanliness of assigned areas (bathroom, Showers, corridors, patient rooms, common areas, staff facilities, public areas, and department offices).
- Responsibilities include detailed cleaning of hospital/patient areas, dusting, sweeping, mopping, hard surface floor care, wall washing, restocking, linen distribution, collection and inventory, patient discharge beds, vacuum, moving of equipment, disposal of trash, medical waste, biohazard spills, and recycling appropriately.
- Cleans, maintains and supplies assigned patient and non-patient areas according to standardized procedures of the department by utilizing mechanical equipment, tools, chemical solutions and cleaning supplies
- Prepares cleaning solutions, housekeeping supplies and equipment as assigned to perform the following housekeeping related tasks
- Dusts, cleans furniture, windowsills, light fixtures, vents, ledges, blinds, shades, radiators, doors and frames, moldings, windows, lights, clocks, signs, cabinets and any other areas which accumulate dust and/or soil according to departmental procedure
- Cleans bathrooms, fixtures, pipes, tile walls, metals, partitions and attachments, replenishes soap and paper supplies as needed or instructed
- Disinfects rooms, beds, patient furniture and equipment such as rolling stock with germicidal solution
- Use of machines as needed (compactor, bailer, and other appliances)
- Follow department regulations, safety standards, and cleaning procedures
- Positions may require ability to use battery operated floor care equipment, automatic scrubbing machine, burnisher, and knowledge of stripping/refinishing floors and heavy lifting.
- HS Diploma
- Able to learn and operate heavy battery operated floor care equipment.
- Prior housekeeping experience preferred
- Previous floor refinishing experience preferred
- Focus on Hospital’s commitment to patient satisfaction and ability to enhance patient experience.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health
System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common
devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the
city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you
join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.