Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Social Work (MSSL) - Req Number: 83877
Job Title: Project Manager
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) is one of the leading US health systems and a top-ranked academic medical center. We are transforming our business to focus on population health – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital.
The Care Transitions and Population Health team at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s (MSSL) drives the implementation and ongoing improvement of initiatives that achieve improved quality and efficiency of patients’ transitions from acute care to the most appropriate level of care. In addition, the team leads MSSL in delivering better value to its patients, its providers, and its partners by engaging clinical and operational leadership in appropriate population health initiatives within its clinical service lines. This position will work with key stakeholders from MSSL clinical and operational areas, external partners important to MSSL’s strategic initiatives, as well as MSHS population health and DSRIP teams.
- Supports MSSL site leadership to oversee development and maintenance of structural elements of Care Transitions and population health
- For this purpose, coordinates and manages complex project activities and ensures the quality, timeliness, and integrity of ongoing projects and schedules. Complex projects are typically large in scope affecting several departments, or the entire institution, and have a large budget requiring oversight.
- Organizes, leads and facilitates project-related meetings as well as MSSL clinical and operational meetings towards metrics to meet disease management and care transitions goals including the creation of agendas and preparation of materials. Prepares and/or edits meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
- Coordinates and leads assigned project activities ensuring that action items are completed. May allocate work to team members as necessary.
- Develops and tracks reporting related to assigned projects.
- Drives data gathering and analytics to support site for Utilization Management
- Partners with managers, outside contractors, vendors and consultants as required with respect to the project.
- Monitors project deliverables and timelines, notifies management when issues arise, and takes corrective actions, as needed.
- May assist in monitoring budget expenses, and ensuring that payments are accurately charged to the project. May be responsible for financial management items to complete the project including supply orders, payment authorizations etc.
- Maintains detailed records and documentation of project activity and may be responsible for developing uniform procedures for storing and keeping appropriate documentation. Provides feedback to communicate project findings as appropriate.
- May work with the project team members to ensure all necessary communication is timely and accurate.
- As necessary, supports integration of MSHP and MSSL Care Management FTE roles to optimize performance on DSRIP and other applicable population health P4P and UM metrics
- Supports MSSL site leadership in managing relationships and clinical initiatives with MSSL partners important to improving care transitions and/or chronic disease management outside of the hospital setting.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
- Implements and maintains established Medical Center policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control
- Ensures proper care of departmental facilities, equipment and supplies
- Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
- Identifies learning strengths and needs
- Utilizes learning resources
- Participates in professional activities and maintains professional affiliations to keep abreast of current trends/changes and legislation in the field
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others
- Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
- Attends required meetings and participates on committees as required/requested
- Adheres to Mount Sinai Health System’s legal and ethical standards.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary
E1. Understands charge capture and cash receipts policies and procedures; and is responsible for the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the charge capture processes related to their department/ practice for both hospital and physician provided services.
Master’s degree in applicable area preferred, but not required. These include Master’s in Public Health, Master’s in Health Administration, Master’s in Business Administration with healthcare focus
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum of three years of project management experience is required especially with high-stakes, complex initiatives
- Experience with quality metric focused pay for performance activities
- Analytic skillset implying reasonable proficiency with analytics
- Superior work ethic and persistence
- Good presentation skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio proficiency
- Ability to understand a project in detail as well as how it fits into overall strategy