Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently providing patient procedures as ordered by the physician under the guidance of licensed medical staff (LPN, RN, NP or MD )
- Provides clerical support necessary for efficient and effective functioning of the office
- Performs EKGs as ordered by the physician
- Performs lab testing as ordered by the physician
- Performs PFT as ordered by the physician
- Performs audiometry as ordered by the physician
- Admits patient to the exam room and takes vital signs, height and weight, medical history, medication history and allergy history
High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
Certification as a Medical Assistant or two (2) years relevant work experience preferred. Excellent phone manners, flexibility, knowledge of computer data entry and excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to handle diversified responsibility in fast-paced environment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.