Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Real Estate
Job Title: Corporate Director - Planning, Design & Construction
The Corporate Director of Planning and Design is responsible for managing the portfolio of short, mid and long-term Planning and Design projects for Mount Sinai Health System hospital and non-hospital properties. The Corporate Director of Planning and Design will report directly to the Vice President for Planning, Design and Construction and work closely with the Directors of Construction at the various hospitals. The current annual capital plan includes many projects at many sites of varying complexity. You will help transform the Real Estate and Facilities Division into a premier metropolitan healthcare planning and design department as we continue to design beautiful, patient and staff friendly projects that are also large and technically complex. We are engaged in a very active and engaging period as we use improved technologies, such as Revit, BIM, virtual and augmented reality that increase productivity, improve efficiency, minimize risk and control costs helping us to stay on and within budget while meeting regulatory compliance standards.
Working closely with physicians, administrators, hospital leadership and corporate executive staff, the Corporate Director of Planning and Design will oversee the design of all capital projects throughout the System. The candidate will:
· Coordinate the activities of architects and engineers to ensure that project scope and schedules are met and to ensure compliance with all institutional, local and federal regulations.
· Develop and track project budgets taking appropriate action when necessary to ensure adherence to budgetary limitations as well as to ensure projects stay on schedule.
·Communicate results of planning and feasibility studies to stakeholders in a concise fashion offering valid explanations and presenting sound recommendations.
· Coordinate design with IT, in-house engineering and supply chain. Monitor these department timelines to ensure that schedules are met.
· Work with Vice President and Directors of Construction to resolves issues that may be uncovered during design or construction.
· Work with the Vice President to establish performance indicators for staff and monitor performance against those standards; help develop a compelling training program for staff.
· Work with the Vice President of Real Estate on the planning and design of potential leases sites.
· Identify processes, systems and tools to assist in the gathering of data for planning and design.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 10 years managing a large and complex planning and design. program for a hospital, university or other similar institution.
- At least 5 years experience in a managerial capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Registered architect or licensed engineer a plus.