Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Desktop Support Specialist I
The Desktop Support Specialist I provide consultation to business area management and staff at the highest level for all aspects of end user computing and network-based PC/workstation systems software and hardware.
- Provides consultation to business area management and staff at the highest technical level for all aspects of end user computing applications and network-based PC/workstation software and hardware, including troubleshooting, repairs, network configurations, installations and upgrades.
- Manage, support, and troubleshoot network printers, scanners.
- Manage, support and troubleshoot mobile devices such as WOW’s, laptops, macs, tablets and smart phones.
- Move, add and change workstations throughout Mount Sinai locations and off campus.
- Provide support for Mount Sinai users at remote sites outside the campus which might require local travel.
- Participates in the evaluation of new end user computing packages, including remote connectivity products, and equipment, implements and tests prototypes, applies installation quality assurance tests and ensures consistency with standards.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns and perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.Knowledge of Microsoft Windows MSCE.
- Two years’ experience in programming and analysis and in end user computing and network-based PC/workstation applications, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills with hardware and software
- Advance knowledge of all Windows Operating Systems like Windows
- Basic understanding of networking and familiarity with TCP/IP and DHCP
- Ability to install and configure hard drives, optical drives, network cards, video cards and network/local printers.
- Requires a broad knowledge of end user computing and network-based PC/workstation systems and hardware, client functions and applications, good consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and other IT management and staff.
- Must be flexible regarding duties and hours to cover and willing to travel to the remote locations within the five boroughs.