Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Chemotherapy Suite Assistant Nurse Manager - Mount Sinai Downtown Requisition #: 84062
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the nursing practice of RN’s and supportive ancillary staff that provide care to an adult population in an ambulatory infusion suite.
- Oversees the day to day operation; acts as a resource person.
- Administers anti-neoplastic agents, supportive care agents, biological therapies and blood products to an adult population.
- Technically competent in care of peripheral and central venous accession.
- Participates in inter-disciplinary team rounds, Quality insurance programs, leadership rounds and monthly staff rounds. Maintain monthly statistics and data as it pertains to the unit. Responsible for annual evaluation and assurance of competencies of all staff.
- Acts as a catalyst for the development of innovative activities, policies and procedures that contribute to the continuous improvement of the delivery of patient care. Plays a significant role in the development, evaluation and implementation of standards of practice and related policies and procedures in the ambulatory infusion suite.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing required; Masters in nursing or health related field preferred.
- Licensed as a registered nurse with current registration in New York State
- Chemotherapy ONS biotherapy provider and OCN preferred
- 3 years minimum clinical nursing experience with some Charge Nurse/supervisory experience preferred. Must have relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice assigned
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.