Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- REQ #84154
Job Title: Supervisor Materials Management
The position is responsible for the supervision and coordination of assigned administrative and general office activities consistent with departmental objectives, administrative policies and practices. Provides direct supervision for administrative and office support staff such as secretarial/administrative assistants, medical assistants, schedulers, data management and medical records staff. Ensures the successful delivery of support services within the department or unit
1.Plans and schedules work for staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
2.Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage.
3.Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
4.Establishes, reviews and revises work processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective administrative activities.
5.Makes recommendations regarding fiscal and staffing requirements of the unit to assist in the preparation of budgetary recommendations.
6.Compiles information reflecting expenditures and develops comparisons.
7.Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service deliver, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control.
8.Establishes and maintains liaison with other departments, units or care centers, as well as within own department, to ensure effective coordination of work activities.
9.Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization’s goals and objectives.
10.Ensures compliance with department and organization policies & procedures.
11.Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and making salary increase recommendations.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
3 years of directly related experience with 1 year in a supervisory role or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
MS Office Suite : intermediate
General Skills and Competencies
1. Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
2. Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
3. Building a Successful Team - Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
4. Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
5. Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
6. Aligning Performance for Success - Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
7. Customer Focus - Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
8. Driving for Results - Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
9. Coaching and Developing Others - Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
10.Building Partnerships - Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
11.Delegating Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization’s and individuals’ effectiveness.
12.Gaining Commitment - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
13.Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
14.Compliance - Assures compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.