Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Physician Assistant - 84203
Roles & Responsibilities:
Family Medicine And Internal Medicine Physician Assistants Needed For Innovative Primary Care Role In Downtown, Manhattan!
Unique opportunity to serve as a Primary Care Providers in a retail setting in NoHo and Flatiron sections of Manhattan, with emphasis on team-based care in a unique setting! Working in conjunction Primary Care physicians, Advanced Practice Providers and Specialty-specific physicians, as well as administrative staff; the ideal candidates will play an instrumental role in ensuring excellent patient care, quality outcomes, and satisfaction. The PA should have an interest in wellness, and will be expected to provide longitudinal care as well as care for patients who present for episodic/same-day care. In addition, we would like our talented physician candidates to have a passion for primary care and be fully committed to the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System.
The PA should be committed to primary care and preventative health and wellness. Experience is preferred in outpatient and/or internal, family and emergency medicine or urgent care. New graduates can be considered with appropriate work experience, fellowship or elective rotations that apply to this field of medicine.
PAs will have the access and opportunity with Mount Sinai’s Department of Medicine, which is strongly committed to caring for the whole patient and places special emphasis on providing patient-centered care. The division embraces the mission of Icahn School of Medicine by pursuing an integrative approach to patient care, research, and education. We pursue all dimensions of these three components, considering them inseparable elements of the art and science of medicine.
- Provide medical care in high-functioning outpatient environment
- Health system affiliated; community based practice
- Collaborate with multi-specialty practice physicians and APPs as an integral part of a world-class health system
- Benefit from the educational and growth opportunities provided within the Department of Medicine and Mount Sinai Health System.
- Master’s of Physician Assistant from accredited program
- New York Physician Assistant License
- Active NCCPA Board Certification
- At least 1 year of experience in ambulatory practice/urgent care or internal medicine preferred
- Must have interest in Wellness and Preventative Health
- Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented healthcare
- NYS PA Licensure
- DEA Licensure
- NYS Infection Control Course Certification
- Current BLS and ACLS Certification
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.