Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Provides ancillary support to the technical operation within all areas under general supervision
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists technologist in x-ray room as needed
- Picks up and distributes requisitions to designated areas as directed
- Assists with the movement of patients on and off procedure patients in Radiology
- Locates additional equipment needed for patient transport (oxygen cylinders, IV poles and pump).
- Maintains continuous contact and responds promptly to request for emergency transport or assistance
- Returns equipment to designated location for storage as directed by dispatcher or supervisor
- Reports broken or damaged equipment to the dispatcher or supervisor
- Delivers broken or damaged equipment to the designated area for repair
- Develops and duplicates all requested images for the department and replenish film supply for CT scan and other areas as assigned
- Arrives and departs patients utilizing IDXRAD
- Assists all patients with personal needs as requested. (i.e., assist to bathroom, use of bedpans and care of colostomies
- Transportation of inpatients, emergency room patients and all other areas as needed to and from the department
- Observes all patients in the procedure rooms during the absence of the technologist
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must speak and write English
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.