Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Decision Support
Job Title: Senior Clinical Decision Support Analyst
Mount Sinai Health System is committed to its vision of a data-driven organization. The Enterprise Reporting team brings together technology and healthcare business knowledge to make that vision a reality.
- Utilizes hospital databases to compile, interpret and create reports from utilization, financial and cost data.
- Maintains various financial models used to support decision making
- Understands key concepts of cost accounting methodologies
- Understands key concepts of managed care payor and government payor revenue contract modeling
- Analyzes and understands clinical, market and operational data, recognizing variances and trends in utilization.
- Effectively communicates with various departments to gather and understand the information necessary to successfully complete data requests and projects.
- Understands the basics of Structured Query programming Language (SQL) in order to maintain business intelligence software and write reports.
- Interfaces with IT to ensure timeliness and integrity of data extracts
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and database software packages including Decision Support and Business Intelligence systems.
- Maintains look up tables and reference files
- Audits data for possible problems, communicates any found issues to the rest of the team and trouble shoots to remedy
- Works through problems in a timely manner.
- Works well on a team with other individuals.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of internal and external data sources.
- Trains other staff members
- Four-year university degree in relevant business, technology or healthcare concentration or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of analytics experience
- Experience leading an analytics team.
- Experience in a complex data warehouse or database environment.
- Proven ability in project management and all phases of technical and project documentation.
- Successful work performance demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively, partner with team and other divisions, use productive work methods, exercise sound judgment and display initiative and innovation on the job.
- Ability to summarize detailed data into an actionable recommendation for audiences of varying backgrounds.