Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Prepackages and labels medications, fills unit dose cassettes and assists in the maintenance of records associated with these functions
- Audits the records of controlled substances, ensures compliance with hospital, state and federal regulations as directed by a pharmacist, manager, or director
- Advises nursing and pharmacy
- Managers of discrepancies; assists in discrepancy resolution; maintains the files of all completed controlled drug records; and ensures proper storage
- Issues controlled substances and prescription pads as per departmental policy under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
- Processes controlled substances returns and receives product into inventory
- Ensures appropriate inventory on hand at all times and maintains required balances
- Assists in discrepancy resolution
- Obtains appropriate signatures when issuing/delivering controlled substances and prescription pads
- Maintains a file of all receipts for the 24 hour period prior to the return of the disposition records
- Maintains an accurate, current census, including cassette bin labels, for all assigned areas
High School Diploma or equivalent. English proficiency (oral and written).
Must be proficient in English and have excellent communication (oral/written) skills.
Successful completion of a technician training program or equivalent experience required