Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to accurately evaluate and effectively treat all assigned patients
- Devises a treatment plan that addresses individual, age specific needs, incorporating patient goals, to emphasize functional restoration and quality of life
- Monitors appropriateness of goals and prioritizes treatments to maximize patient benefit.
- Educates the patient and their family members regarding home exercise program, diagnosis specific information and purpose of any therapeutic intervention
- Coordinates with other services when scheduling patients and adjust schedule as necessary to provide additional coverage
Education: Baccalaureate or Master's degree from an accredited university or college with a curriculum in Physical Therapy approved by the council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association; DPT strongly preferred.
- Eligibility for, or Licensed by the New York Board of Regents. Eligibility for certification by the American Physical Therapy Association