The Ultrasound Tech Registered performs or assists in ultrasound examinations, renders technical assistance to the Radiologist, and maintains and cares for all ultrasound equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Prepares and examines all patients for ultrasound examinations in accordance with established departmental procedures and techniques.
2. Operates and adjusts ultrasound equipment, takes safety precautions necessary to protect
patients and personnel from electric shock or other hazards.
3. Sets up, operates, cleans and makes minor adjustments to ultrasound equipment.
4. Ensures adequate supplies are available for use.
5. Assists in the orientation and mentor new Ultrasound personnel.
6. Captures images onto PACS and transfers to physicians’ work stations.
7. Answers telephones, schedules examinations and may initiate transportation.
8. Performs other duties as required.
- Graduate of two-year ultrasound program with clinical and didactic education.
- 0-2 years as Ultrasound Technologist
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
Name: Certified Sonographer
Issuing Agency: American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)