Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Finance Expeditor
Under routine supervision of the Expeditor Supervisor and/or Assistant Director of the Accounts Payable Department performs a variety of clerical duties related to the processing of the appropriate documentation for payment to vendors, departments and employees within the policies and procedures of the department. Is also responsible to investigate, research and attempt to resolve and expedite in-depth problems in concern with bills. Performs other various clerical duties, as necessary.
- Under general supervision of the Expeditor Supervisor and/or Assistant Director submit the appropriate documentation for payment to vendors.
- Review all documentation for accuracy (i.e. purchase order number, vendor codes, quantities, prices, etc.)
- Investigate research and attempt to resolve all discrepancies or missing purchase order numbers on documentation. Make phone calls, memos, e-mails, and in person inquiries to inform departments or vendors of back up documentation necessary for payment.
- Hold all discrepancies in file until supporting documentation arrives with a designated time period. Attach supporting documentation to invoice and submit all completed documentation, debit and credit memos for processing.
- Answer telephone inquiries of vendors and departments in concern with credit holds, pre-paid items, non-payments, short pays, discrepancies and releasing of funds. Must confer with Supervisor and/or Assistant Director in relation to the releasing of all funds to vendors or departments.
- Update database with current account status, and payment information on a daily basis.
- Assist with month/year-end closing of department statements.
- Communicate to management of any problems or concerns regarding discrepancies, credit holds, resolution of credit holds and/or invoices on hold.
- May perform various other related clerical duties.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum one year Finance/Business experience