Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Collaborates with Department Heads to plan, problem-solve, implement and evaluate programs and decisions which affect the delivery of patient care as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Makes recommendations to the Director of Nursing regarding departmental standards, policies and procedures
- Collaborates with peers to insure consistent implementation of departmental policies
- Plans, determines, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for area of responsibility within the framework of the Department of Nursing, in collaboration with the Director
- Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and makes recommendations for changes.
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring, extending probation, disciplining and terminating employees in consultation with the Director of Nursing for designated area. Exceptions to this may be made by the Director.
- Acts as on-site administrative head for the institution when an administrator and Director are not on the premises
- Maintains and interprets standards of nursing practice for area of responsibility in collaboration with a Director of Nursing
- Implements and maintains the standards set forth by regulatory agencies
- Refers non-nursing administrative problems to the administrator on call for resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required, Master’s degree preferred.
- NYS RN License and Registration
- Relevant clinical experience
- MS Office Suite - Basic
Level of Physical Activity Required: Light
Describe Work Environment
General Office Environment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.