Strength Through Diversity.
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform duties as assigned: Tasks related to cleaning of work areas, washing of cooking equipment/utensils, sweep/ mop, garbage removal, deliveries and collections of food truck, cashiering, etc. Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of relatively heavy equipment and supplies. Working conditions include exposure to heat, steam and hot liquids and temperature changes. Work in assigned areas including dish room, tray assembly, cold/hot food prep, cafeteria, sanitation.
- Assignments may require use of electronic devices, order taking, prepare menus for production, assemble trays, log requests, enter patient meal preference by using bedside menu entry system hand held device.
- Delivery of trays, retrieve soiled trays, answer pages, remain available to patients at meal times to ensure patient satisfaction, maintain a safe, clean and functional work environment.
- HS Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- Computer proficiency, interpersonal skills, ability to perform service recovery necessary to effectively interact with patients and staff, ability to walk to assigned nursing units several times per day.
- Previous hospital Food Service menu processing a plus
- Detail oriented, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Safe Food Handling
- Focus on Hospital’s commitment to patient satisfaction and ability to enhance patient experience.
- Professional appearance and courteous manner.
- Must have the ability to transport food items and able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.