Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Neonatal Hearing Screener provides hearing screenings to all newborns (well baby and critical care units) at the Mount Sinai Hospital in accordance with New York State Law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and maintains two types of sophisticated automated test equipment for conducting the hearing screenings.
- Conveys test results to the parents.
- If necessary, provides the parents with the necessary documentation and information to access the follow up.
- Requires handling and comforting infants (testing needs to be done with the infant as still as possible).
- Ability to handle critically ill and premature infants.
- Must adhere to infection control standards.
- Maintain extensive and meticulous records in the medical charts.
- Tracks inventory of disposable supplies that are used for the screenings.
- Troubleshooting of test equipment.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Works closely with the supervising audiologist.
- Performs other duties as required
High School Diploma; Associates or higher preferred
Employment in a medically related field preferred