Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Clinical Decision Support
Job Title: Enterprise Reporting Analyst
The Enterprise Reporting Analyst supports all Mount Sinai Health System hospitals, assisting hospital administration, senior and clinical leadership with analyzing data and information, creating reports and maintaining systems that support the Quality, Safety and Performance Improvement goals of the Health System. The successful Analyst will analyze and organize complex qualitative and quantitative clinical, financial and administrative data from multiple sources, and synthesize results into meaningful Tableau dashboards and reports.
- Utilizes hospital databases to analyze, compile, interpret and create reports from utilization, quality, clinical, and financial data
- Analyzes and understands clinical, market and operational data, recognizing variances and trends in utilization
- Effectively communicates with various departments to gather and understand the information necessary to successfully complete data requests and projects
- Represents Enterprise Reporting on internal and external committees or task forces as needed.
- Collects, organizes, and summarizes materials for presentations by the Director and Vice President as needed
- Facilitates performance-benchmarking projects with all Mount Sinai Health System institutions across such dimensions as LOS, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes
- Proficiency in Tableau dashboard development
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and database software packages including Decision Support and Business Intelligence systems
- Effectively communicates findings from analysis orally or in writing, linking it back to the “big picture” concept of the project
- Works through problems in a timely manner
- Works well on a team with other individuals
- Maintains a strong knowledge of internal and external data sources
- Understands key concepts of city, state, and federal requirements for the reporting of Quality and Safety metrics with in depth knowledge of measure methodologies and definitions.
- May require understanding of the basics of Structured Query programming Language (SQL) in order to maintain business intelligence software and write reports
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional judgment and discretion in interacting with physicians and senior management on sensitive political and confidential issues
- Knowledge of current issues in the healthcare environment preferred, particularly regarding quality measurement, outcomes studies, healthcare finance, and patient safety
- Project management skills and/or experience preferred
- Knowledge and application of statistical analyses including financial variance analysis and statistical significance preferred
- Experience with Tableau
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and other database management and business intelligence software