Mount Sinai Careers
Geriatric and Palliative Care Physician for South Nassau Communities Hospital in Oceanside
- Provides physician care in Geriatric & Palliative Care
- Provides specialist consultations to patient & families with a focus on the biopsychosocial model
- Consults with the attending physician and the interdisciplinary team to establish a written plan of care, and communicate effectively with referring physicians and interdisciplinary staff.Provides precise documentation of patient care to support professional billing.
- Assists Medical Director in establishing Geriatric & Palliative Care as a recognized service within the South Nassau Communities Hospital community and relevant community resources.
- Utilizes Center for Advocacy of Palliative Care tools to demonstrate clinical and financial impact of the program
- Participates in quality assurance and peer review programs; and assures compliance with and implementation of any resulting recommendations.
- Participate in on-call coverage with the clinical members of the Geriatric & Palliative Care Team.
- Co-chairs monthly interdisciplinary steering committee meetings to review program activity and identify issues or needs that facilitate program excellence.
- Adheres to the practice of confidentiality and HIPAA regulations regarding patients, families, staff and the organization.
- Identifies opportunities for and participate in grant funding and clinical research.
- Doctor of Medicine
- Board Certified or eligible in Hospice/Palliative Medicine
- 2 years' experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Current state medical license and in good standing with medical board.
- DEA LicenseBoard Certification of eligibility in geriatric medicine desirable
About South Nassau Communities Hospital:
South Nassau Communities Hospital is one of the region’s largest hospitals, with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees. Located in Oceanside, NY, the hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art care. The Department of Medicine at South Nassau Communities Hospital, under the Chairman of the Department, Aaron E. Glatt, MD, FACP, FIDSA, FSHEA is comprised of 400 voluntary and full time Internists and subspecialists, and has been approved by the ACGME to start a 30 resident Internal Medicine Residency Program in July 2019. South Nassau also operates Long Island’s only free-standing, 9-1-1 receiving Emergency Department, located in Long Beach. In addition to its extensive outpatient specialty centers, South Nassau provides emergency and elective angioplasty, as well as noninvasive Novalis Tx™ and Gamma Knife® radiosurgery technologies for tumors of the body and brain. South Nassau is a designated Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health and Comprehensive Community Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons and is an accredited center of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Association and Quality Improvement Program. The hospital has been awarded the Joint Commission’s gold seal of approval for disease-specific care for heart failure, primary stroke, hip replacement, knee replacement, wound care, bariatric surgery, and end-stage renal disease. For more information, visit:https://www.southnassau.org/main/home.aspx
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System