Mount Sinai Careers
Neuro-hospitalist needed in beautiful Long Island at South Nassau Communities Hospital
- In-patient neurology consultative service
- Favorable 7 day on/7 day off schedule
- Night call during 7 day on period only
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Award-winning, 455-bed, acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital
- Joint Commission Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers
- Located in Oceanside, N.Y., in close proximity to New York City, local beaches, and many wonderful suburban towns to live in with highly rated schools, restaurants, and shopping areas
- Graduate from an accredited ACGME Neurology Residency Program
- Board certified/Board eligible in Neurology
- Able to obtain a license to practice medicine in New York State
- Additional fellowship training in EEG, Vascular Neurology, or other areas is welcome but not required to apply for this position
- Experienced neurologists and new graduates are welcome to apply
- Please email inquiries and resumes to: Jackieb@lineurology.com
About South Nassau Communities Hospital:
South Nassau Communities Hospital is one of the region’s largest hospitals, with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees. Located in Oceanside, NY, the hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art care. The Department of Medicine at South Nassau Communities Hospital, under the Chairman of the Department, Aaron E. Glatt, MD, FACP, FIDSA, FSHEA is comprised of 400 voluntary and full time Internists and subspecialists, and the hospital is designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). South Nassau also operates Long Island’s only free-standing, 9-1-1 receiving Emergency Department, located in Long Beach. In addition to its extensive outpatient specialty centers, South Nassau provides emergency and elective angioplasty, as well as noninvasive Novalis Tx™ and Gamma Knife® radiosurgery technologies for tumors of the body and brain. South Nassau is a designated Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health and Comprehensive Community Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons and is an accredited center of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Association and Quality Improvement Program. The hospital has been awarded the Joint Commission’s gold seal of approval for disease-specific care for heart failure, primary stroke, hip replacement, knee replacement, wound care, bariatric surgery, and end-stage renal disease. For more information, visit:https://www.southnassau.org/main/home.aspx
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System