Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Breast Surgeon for Mount Sinai Chelsea Downtown
The chosen candidate will become part of an academic breast team in the heart of Chelsea. The candidate must have an interest in training breast fellows and participating in national clinical trials. He or she will work with two other fellowship trained breast surgeons in a fully staffed cancer center, which includes medical oncology, genetic counseling, radiation oncology, onco-psychiatry, reproductive endocrinology, radiology, and social work. This position is mostly outpatient and the office is closed on nights and weekends. Competitive salary and benefits offered.
- Work with two other fellowship trained breast surgeons in fully staffed cancer center
- Serve a diverse urban population and live in a neighborhood with excellent school districts and numerous cultural activities
- Outpatient primary, although the site does take ER breast only call
- No night or weekend office hours, fellows and residents cover inpatients and consults
- Support staff: dedicated nurse for the office practice and a secretary
- Call schedule example: 1:5 Weekends, Phone only, No call, etc. One week every 3 weeks of ER breast only call. Approximately 0 to 1 calls during business hours only
- Administrative: 1 of 5 days
- EMR system: Epic
- Teach residents and fellows
- Participate in national clinical trials, write book chapters, and abstracts submitted to major meetings
- Competitive salary and benefits offered including productivity bonuses, 6 weeks of paid time off, medical, dental, vision, malpractice coverage, and CME stipends
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York Medical License
- Fellowship trained breast surgeon
- Clinical research interest mandatory
- Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System