- Maintains a clinical practice, providing consultation, assessment, surgical interventions and follow up care to patients.
- Demonstrates and models service excellence behavior at all times. Responds with concern, cooperation, and respect. Establishes cooperative working relationships with all individuals with whom contact is made.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Utilizes appropriate and effective patient care plans. Completes documentation concurrently as patients are seen.
- Assures continuity of care through adequate scheduling and tracking of return visits, completion of treatment plans, and follow-up of chronic problems, abnormal tests, and “no-shows”.
- Provides appropriate patient education including clear explanation of treatment; the use and side effects of prescribed medications; health maintenance; and the use of appropriate educational “handouts” or other written instructions.
- Delegates clinical tasks appropriate to the level of training of each staff member.
- Provides an accounting of services rendered and accurate, specific diagnosis codes for each patient by completing appropriate billing/reimbursement documentation.
- Utilizes infection control and safety protocols appropriately.
- Maintains familiarity with practice’s on-site diagnostic procedures and equipment.
- Ensures the professional development of self and team, i.e. pursues continuing education opportunities and shares knowledge as appropriate with other members of the health care team; participates in professional organizations; reads professional journals and texts; etc.
- Participates in the practice’s “on-call” schedules as needed. Is available for emergency calls from VMG staff or physicians.
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes, reports, or systems that take advantage of cost savings, employee satisfaction, and/or customer satisfaction. Promotes and practices economical and effective healthcare.
- Completes in a timely manner all managed care applications, credentialing and re-credentialing requests from the corporate office.
- Abides by guidelines established by all managed care and insurance payors including Medicare.
- MD or DO
- Board certified in general surgery
- Maintains up-to-date credentials including: CV, License, DEA, CDS, Board Certification, documentation of hospital admitting privileges.
- Maintains CME credit hours as required for Board Certification and/or hospital staff privileges.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbal and written
- Ability and interest to function as part of a team
- Exhibits a strong orientation toward the provision of high quality, cost effective, comprehensive medical care.
- Demonstrates behavior that is courteous, caring, respectful and compassionate. Listens and responds in a non-judgmental manner, with clear explanations.
- Demonstrates behavior that models the Valley Health System values and standards as well as the Valley Medical Group Mission and Vision Statements.
- Represents the organization positively
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times
- Honors commitments to the job and coworkers
- Speaks constructively about co-workers and the organization.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability of job duties
company-wide efforts to improve and maintain a high level of
patient/customer satisfaction as evidenced by (but not limited to)
customer/patient satisfaction survey scores.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System