- Maintains a clinical practice, providing consultation, assessment, surgical interventions and follow up care to patients.
- Demonstrates and models service excellence behavior at all times. Responds with concern, cooperation, and respect. Establishes cooperative working relationships with all individuals with whom contact is made.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Utilizes appropriate and effective patient care plans. Completes documentation concurrently as patients are seen.
- Assures continuity of care through adequate scheduling and tracking of return visits, completion of treatment plans, and follow-up of chronic problems, abnormal tests, and “no-shows”.
- Provides appropriate patient education including clear explanation of treatment; the use and side effects of prescribed medications; health maintenance; and the use of appropriate educational “handouts” or other written instructions.
- Delegates clinical tasks appropriate to the level of training of each staff member.
- Provides an accounting of services rendered and accurate, specific diagnosis codes for each patient by completing appropriate billing/reimbursement documentation.
- Utilizes infection control and safety protocols appropriately.
- Maintains familiarity with practice’s on-site diagnostic procedures and equipment.
- Ensures the professional development of self and team, i.e. pursues continuing education opportunities and shares knowledge as appropriate with other members of the health care team; participates in professional organizations; reads professional journals and texts; etc.
- Participates in the practice’s “on-call” schedules as needed. Is available for emergency calls from VMG staff or physicians.
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes, reports, or systems that take advantage of cost savings, employee satisfaction, and/or customer satisfaction. Promotes and practices economical and effective healthcare.
- Completes in a timely manner all managed care applications, credentialing and re-credentialing requests from the corporate office.
- Abides by guidelines established by all managed care and insurance payors including Medicare.
- MD or DO
- Board certified in general surgery
- Maintains up-to-date credentials including: CV, License, DEA, CDS, Board Certification, documentation of hospital admitting privileges.
- Maintains CME credit hours as required for Board Certification and/or hospital staff privileges.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbal and written
- Ability and interest to function as part of a team
- Exhibits a strong orientation toward the provision of high quality, cost effective, comprehensive medical care.
- Demonstrates behavior that is courteous, caring, respectful and compassionate. Listens and responds in a non-judgmental manner, with clear explanations.
- Demonstrates behavior that models the Valley Health System values and standards as well as the Valley Medical Group Mission and Vision Statements.
- Represents the organization positively
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times
- Honors commitments to the job and coworkers
- Speaks constructively about co-workers and the organization.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability of job duties
company-wide efforts to improve and maintain a high level of
patient/customer satisfaction as evidenced by (but not limited to)
customer/patient satisfaction survey scores.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System