Mount Sinai Careers
Full-time outpatient Geriatrician for Mount Sinai Queens!
The chosen candidate will become part of a multi-specialty team in the heart of Long Island. The candidate who accepts this position will be able to develop a robust geriatric panel alongside a primary care adult medicine practice. In addition, since there are 6 primary care physicians in this practice, there is an opportunity for geriatric consults as well. This position is all outpatient with the option for inpatient palliative care consultative service for 4-5 weeks per year. The chosen physician will generally work Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm with one late night (until 7:00pm) and one Saturday on a rotational basis. Evening and Saturday sessions will replace on session during the week.
- Work with a variety of specialties including internal medicine, cardiology, gastroenterology, rheumatology, and other rotating specialties such as pulmonary and allergy
- Serve the western Queens population and live in a neighborhood with good school districts, access to shopping, restaurants, suburban activities, beaches, and Manhattan
- All outpatient, patients are generally hospitalized at MSQ. The practice uses a hospitalist program
- Support staff of MAs and a call center. Option to add advance practice personnel as practice grows.
- Call schedule example: 1 in 5 or 6: Call is phone only as practice uses hospitalist
- EMR system: Epic
- No teaching, research, or administrative responsibilities
- Competitive salary and benefits offered including productivity bonuses, 6 weeks of paid time off, medical, dental, vision, malpractice coverage, and CME stipends
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York Medical License
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Geriatrics
- Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, & organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System