Mount Sinai Careers
Associate Chair, Women's and Children's Services in Ridgewood, NJ
- Provides medical leadership for VMG physicians and other providers including promoting collaboration, providing professional consultation and administrative support and managing the human resource function for the professional staff.
- Works collaboratively with the Chair to identify, implement, and monitor systems, which support quality of care, medical group governance, quality assurance, risk management and peer review.
- Provides meaningful input into the strategic planning process for Women’s and Children’s Services in collaboration with VMG leadership, Hospital leadership and Health System planning staff.
- In collaboration with the Chair, CMO and President, fosters positive relationships with Clinical Service Chairs, VMG physicians and the TVH medical staff at large.
- Acts as a liaison between VMG physicians and VMG and Hospital business units to address operational matters.
- In collaboration with the Chair, President and CMO, assists in the recruitment process for new physicians and clinical staff.
- Participates as a member of the VMG Physician Leadership Council of the VMG Board of Trustees in all matters including business plan development, marketing and communications, budget analysis and cost management. The Physician Leadership Council consists of the Clinical Chairs, Associate Chairs (where appointed), the CMO, President and key members of the VMG management team.
- Time commitment for administrative vs clinical duties to be determined.
- Identifies areas of unnecessary clinical variability and other opportunities for quality and process improvement.
- Supports and assists the Chair in process improvement initiatives in medical management, patient satisfaction, patient access, referral management, clinical quality and system based practice initiatives.
- Participates in HRO processes, incorporating the use of error prevention tools into daily practice and promoting the use of those tools by the clinicians in their specialty.
- Is familiar with the concept of AIDET and promotes this structure as a means of improving communication with our consumers.
- Participates as a member of the VMG in the quality performance initiatives and peer review, as delegated by the Chair of Women’s and Children’s services
- Promotes physician support and overall quality of the revenue cycle process by communicating issues or concerns to VMG management and ensures that issues are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Participates in the refinement of the physician compensation plan that is market driven and meets recruitment and retention objectives as delegated by the Chair of Women’s and Children’s Services.
- Assists in providing medical and administrative leadership to Coligocare as requested.
- Assists the Chair in the development of Women’s and Children’s Services physician staff including motivating, evaluating and providing feedback on job related criteria and areas of responsibility within the guidelines of human resource policies and procedures. In conjunction with and as directed by the Chair, participates in the semiannual evaluation of each physician in Women’s and Children’s services to assess clinical competence, productivity and citizenship and offer guidance and mentoring. Assists the Chair in providing a formal annual physician evaluation as directed.
- Assists the Chair in the resolution of patient clinical satisfaction concerns and conflicts in coordination with risk management, compliance and legal personnel as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Chair, CMO and President leads initiatives to develop and implement key performance and quality metrics related to physician productivity, patient access and communication, professionalism and system based practice initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with the Chair to ensure that each service line physician provides appropriate clinical contact hours, utilizes Valley Health System services and facilities as directed, has anticipated productivity per established benchmarks and in compliance with the Valley Medical Compensation Plan and defines expectations for patient access and efficient use of provider’s time.
- Works with Valley Health System entities and clinical leaders to foster greater clinical integration across service lines.
- Participates in evaluation of potential new clinical practices, locations, and services for efficiency and profitability.
- In collaboration with the Chair, CMO and President develops, helps to direct and maintain a culture consistent with primary focus on quality of care, integrity, team performance, professional development and appropriate compensation enabling recruitment and retention of highly skilled physicians and staff. Embrace and abide by the VHS SERVE standards.
- Maintains professional affiliations to keep current with healthcare trends and participates in continuing education related to leadership training.
- As directed by the Chair, identifies, defines and implements innovative strategies, business plans and approaches to enhance and build an efficient and competitive service.
- Helps to develop and implement programs that focus on quality, patient satisfaction and service excellence throughout the service.
- Assists the Chair to build, lead, and maintain a culture that supports and enables recruitment and retention of high quality, skilled physicians, consistent with Valley’s core values and with a focus on professional and personal growth and development. Assists the Chair in recognizing high performing physicians in clinical care, patient satisfaction, and those who excel in promoting the culture of the Valley Health system as evidenced by such programs as the establishment of a High Reliable Organization.
- Participates as a leader in the Valley Health System to develop and integrate a consistent patient care experience across the organization and to create innovative ways to assure provision of the highest quality medical care within a service excellence environment.
- Encourages participation in clinical research and works with VHS research leadership to identify appropriate opportunities.
- Participates in and supports Health System and Hospital initiatives in cost containment, product standardization, resources utilization and supply chain management. (ASPIRE, HIM Queries, Coding and Documentation initiatives).
- Understands and supports the Valley Health System and the Valley Medical Group’s mission statements, visions and values and guiding principles.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates positive behaviors toward patients, families, physicians and all staff. Responds to customers of all age groups in a friendly, prompt and caring manner while maintaining confidentiality. Promotes mutual respect and professionalism. Partners with team members to meet the needs of the customer.
- Participates in health system and medical group performance improvement processes to continuously improve the quality of patient care and service delivery.
- Participates in Health System development activities as requested by the President of the Foundation or President and CEO of the Health System.
- Degree in Medicine or Osteopathy required. Master’s degree in business, health services management or public health preferred. Unrestricted license to practice medicine in New Jersey required.
- Board Certification in Pediatrics or one of the subspecialties recognized by the American Board of Pediatrics. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in clinical practice. Strong leadership, management and collaboration skills.
- Proven relationship-building skills with physicians as well as with all other key stakeholders.
- Skilled in problem resolution and strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with utmost integrity.
- Ability to lead change and build consensus to support change.
- Solid clinical and clinical data related analytical skills.
- Ability to serve as a role model for collegiality and collaboration across the organization.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System