The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking a full-time general cardiologist to join Mount Sinai Queens (Astoria).
Mount Sinai Queens has been serving the western Queens community and beyond since 1999 when The Mount Sinai Hospital acquired the former Western Queens Community Hospital. The Hospital has been delivering health care in this location for 120 years.
With 235 licensed acute-care beds, Mount Sinai Queens provides medical and surgical services. Physicians representing nearly 40 medical and surgical specialties and sub-specialties serve the needs of the diverse population of our community.
The new Mount Sinai Queens Pavilion, which opened in 2016, is helping to expand the range and quality of medical care in the Borough of Queens. Within the new six-story, 140,000-square-foot facility are the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Emergency Department which has significantly expanded the Hospital’s ability to serve the growing urgent and emergent needs of patients; Mount Sinai Doctors, a large, multi-specialty medical practice opened where today more than 40 physicians on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine in all specialties are providing outpatient care in an attractive and state-of-the-art environment; Mount Sinai Imaging is offering a full range of radiology testing; and brand new operating rooms, including robotic surgery, offer the latest technology.
Mount Sinai Queens is the only hospital in Queens to bear the prestigious Mount Sinai name and is now one of seven hospitals, with the Icahn School of Medicine, that form the Mount Sinai Health System. The hospital combines the medical excellence of an academic medical center with the compassionate, caring environment expected at a community hospital.
The chosen candidate will become part of the expanding Department of Cardiology and provide both in patient and out-patient cardiac care as well as cardiac/vascular imaging services. The role will involve administrative and operational oversight of the cardiac/vascular imaging services with the potential for administrative growth over time.
- Full-time general cardiologist to join a newly revamped department of cardiologyWork with an interventional cardiologist/endovascular specialist, general cardiologists and an electrophysiologist.
- Build a presence in two out-patient ambulatory settings (one within the newly built ambulatory pavilion attached to the hospital and one located a few minutes away)
- Serve a diverse population in both Astoria and surrounding towns. Supervise and interpret echocardiograms, pharmacologic & exercise stress echocardiograms
- Supervise and perform exercise and pharmacologic nuclear stress test
- Perform transesophageal echocardiograms +/- cardioversionProvide both in patient & outpatient cardiac care
- Support a newly created heart failure team with two full time NPs; including an out-patient Furosemide infusion program
- Support staff: Medical assistants and techs (lab, echo, radiology)
- EMR system: EPIC; Echo reporting system: ECHOPACS
- Call: 1 in 4 weekends; one Saturday clinic session per month (9-1 PM)
- Competitive salary and benefits offered including productivity bonuses, 4 weeks of paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and malpractice coverage
- Medical Degree from an accredited university & internal medicine residency and cardiology fellowship from ACGME accredited programs
- New York Medical License, current DEA, current ACLS/BLS certificationBoard Eligible or Board Certified in Cardiology
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in EchocardiographyBoard Eligible or Board Certified in Nuclear Cardiology
- Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
Preferred Qualifications (not mandatory):
RPVI (Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation)
Coronary CTA (Level II or III)
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with
Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System