Mount Sinai Careers
Mount Sinai Brooklyn is seeking a Chief Intensivist!
- Full-time Intensivist at Mount Sinai Brooklyn to lead the 12-bed multi-specialty intensive care unit (ICU)
- Conducts and leads interdisciplinary daily ICU rounds
- Evaluates critically ill patients in the ER and medical-surgical inpatient units for admission to the ICU
- Manages ICU admissions or alternate level of care decisions, managing and coordinating admitted patients care in a multi-disciplinary way including surgeons and cardiologists
- Leads the CPR team
- Leads the central venous access program
- Is responsible for the quality of care provided to patients admitted to the ICU including the prevention of ICU acquired infections, sedation protocols and breathing trials, and advanced ventilator management
- Is responsible for the throughput and outcomes of the ICU including ICU length of stay, ventilator duration, mortality and works directly with the CMO on ongoing quality and performance improvement initiatives
- Works in an interdisciplinary and collaborative fashion with subspecialists, nurse manager, nurses, respiratory therapists and ancillary staff
- Medical Degree, New York State Medical License, ACLS, Board Certified in Critical Care Medicine
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven department
Mount Sinai Brooklyn is a 212-bed community hospital located in Midwood, Brooklyn. The hospital’s emergency department serves as a major hub of activity and a critical community resource. The institution enjoys an excellent reputation in such specialties as cardiac care, general surgery, gynecology, orthopedics, and geriatrics along with growing thoracic surgery and neurosurgery programs. The latest advances include a completely redesigned intensive care unit, new digital mammography equipment, and a new state-of-the-art radiology suite.
Mount Sinai Brooklyn ICU is a 12 bed inpatient adult multi-disciplinary (medical, surgical, cardiac) ICU with more than 850 admissions per year. The unit consists of all private rooms with 2 negative isolation rooms.
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System