As healthcare evolves, Mount Sinai is continually committed to developing innovative, best-in-class emergency medicine programs, and is seeking candidates who share this passion. All physicians will be eligible for a Faculty Appointment at the world renowned Icahn School of Medicine and will have the opportunity for leadership positions as we continue to expand our footprint.
With 235 licensed acute-care beds, Mount Sinai Queens provides medical and surgical services. Physicians representing nearly 40 medical and surgical specialties and sub-specialties serve the needs of the diverse population of our community.
The new Mount Sinai Queens Pavilion, which opened in 2016, is helping to expand the range and quality of medical care in the Borough of Queens. Within the new six-story, 140,000-square-foot facility are the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Emergency Department which has significantly expanded the Hospital’s ability to serve the growing urgent and emergent needs of patients; Mount Sinai Doctors, a large, multi-specialty medical practice opened where today more than 40 physicians on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine in all specialties are providing outpatient care in an attractive and state-of-the-art environment; Mount Sinai Imaging is offering a full range of radiology testing; and brand new operating rooms, including robotic surgery, offer the latest technology.
Mount Sinai Queens is the only hospital in Queens to bear the prestigious Mount Sinai name and is now one of seven hospitals, with the Icahn School of Medicine, that form the Mount Sinai Health System. The hospital combines the medical excellence of an academic medical center with the compassionate, caring environment expected at a community hospital.
- Patient evaluations
- Ongoing care including medical management
- Collaborative treatment planning with multiple clinical disciplines
- Supervision of residents and other clinical staff
- Benefit from the educational, research, and clinical programs of the Icahn School of Medicine
- Opportunity to apply for a faculty appointment
- Significant opportunities for leadership and career development
- Additional support staff
- Medical Degree from an accredited university
- New York State Medical License
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine
- DEA required
- Strong teaching and leadership skills
- Excellence in communication, organization and bedside manners
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in and grow a team-oriented, performance-driven department
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System