The Mount Sinai Health Partners seeks a Concierge Primary Care Physician to provide primary and preventive care at a next-generation health center at Hudson Yards!
Mount Sinai is one of the largest non-profit health systems in the U.S., with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (22nd ranked medical school). Traditions are important, but at Mount Sinai, we are looking for people to join our team who want to make healthcare better by improving the value of care for patients, purchasers, and communities.
The health care system has historically set a low bar for customer service and treating patients like consumers – earning itself some of the lowest customer satisfaction scores of any industry as a result. We want to change all that. To earn the consumer’s trust and empower them in their own health, we are building a set of clinical and non-clinical services that empower patients and acknowledge them as a customer in the process.
To help achieve these goals, we have launched a new line of business of next generation health centers. With these health centers, Mount Sinai builds a primary care practice at or near employer’s with a financial model that enables the clinical team to focus on providing patient-centered care vs. billing revenue.
A flagship of this new line of business is the 9,000 square foot state-of-the-art health center at Hudson Yards. The health center will provide comprehensive, convenient and exclusive care to Hudson Yards area employees, residents and their families. We currently are recruiting a primary care physician to help build this next-generation practice.
We are looking for a physician who:
- Has a “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Thrives in fast-paced work environments
- Seeks to improve the status quo
- Energized to join and build a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
Role Summary :
Mount Sinai seeks a Primary Care Physician to provide primary and preventive care at a next-generation health center at Hudson Yards. In addition to providing excellent, convenient care, the physician will collaborate on the design of a new way of delivering care and wellness programs at the workplace to create an exceptional patient experience. The focus will be on providing the best patient care and experience possible. Clinical performance will be evaluated based on patient satisfaction - think longer appointments and coordinated follow up care - not RVUs and production.
We are looking for an outstanding primary care clinician (internal medicine or family medicine) with 5+ years of experience treating adults in an outpatient setting who has or can obtain a New York State License. Candidates with experience working in innovative clinical models are encouraged to apply.
Delivers Primary Care
- Delivers primary care within the practice, through both traditional face-to-face visits as well as non-visit based interactions (e.g. phone, digital messaging, and video chat).
- Assists patients to understand diagnostic tests, costs, risks, treatment options, preparing for medical appointments, and their health benefits.
- Initiates referrals to specialty services and ensures bi-directional communication with specialist to promote continuity of care.
- Works collaboratively with other staff to promote team-based care.
Provides concierge-level service and navigation
- Carries out other appropriate professional duties as may be necessary, including liaison with outside medical consultants, hospitalists, emergency room providers, etc. to ensure continuity of care, timely, appropriate care, and an excellent patient experience.
- Becomes knowledgeable on our clients’ employer-sponsored benefits in order to be able to answer questions around medical benefits, claims, care coordination and other complexities of the healthcare system. This will include explaining complicated medical and benefits terms in plain language.
- Partners with the health center staff to provide timely navigation for patients to Mount Sinai health services.
Develops and administers wellness offerings
- Participates in development of wellness and health promotional offerings, including educational events, nutrition initiatives, fitness classes, etc.
- Supports the planning, operation, and evaluation of wellness activities.
- Supports clinical operation and improvement activities
- Assists the management team with developing, implementing, and managing clinical operations, policies and procedures.
- Actively engages in and leads practice innovation and improvement initiatives.
- Monitors the clinical needs and workflows of the practice and ensures systems and programs are in place to provide exceptional, safe, and compliant care.
- Engages in review of data with staff members of the practice and members of the Mount Sinai Commercialization Team and provides regular reports on health center performance.
Supports communication and marketing efforts:
- Participates in communicating and marketing the practice model to new patients as well as other stakeholders such as clients, patients, and third-party vendors.
- Attends in-person and telephonic conference meetings with members of the Mount Sinai Hudson Yards management team.
- Provides continuous availability for medical and technical questions to the patients, patient care staff, management, and the client.
Education and Experience:
Additional Skills and Qualities:
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York Medical License
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- 5+ years of experience preferred
- Demonstrated problem-solving and work flow management skills.
- Strong computer skills with experience with electronic health records and presentation, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating an exceptional experience for each person every time.
- You find joy and purpose in serving others and striving for improvement.
- Willingness to problem-solve and do what it takes to get the job done.
- The desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team dedicated to changing health care delivery.
About Mount Sinai:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System