The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking a Medical Director to join Mount Sinai Faculty Doctors in the Historic Ansonia Building!
Come lead our transformation to a new brand of primary care-- focused on patient AND provider, optimizing the experience for both. The Mount Sinai West Primary Care FPA in the historic Ansonia building at 73rd and Broadway, a beautiful newly renovated clinical space, with an emphasis on natural light and calm, is the ideal setting for a dynamic, outcomes-focused, inspirational Medical Director to help shape the future for our patients and our wonderful team of healthcare providers. Candidates should be committed, IM Board Certified, Primary Care specialists with minimum 5 years direct clinical experience and 3 years management experience. Interest in population health a plus. Competitive salary and benefits + sign-on bonus for the right candidate.
- Lead the Primary Care team at Ansonia comprised of 8FTE physicians + Nurse Practitioner and Diabetes Educator + high-performing Medical Technicians and other key support staff + excellent management team
- Serve a diverse population of primary care patients, also helping driving strategic growth and community engagement
- Live in a vibrant neighborhood with cultural activities nearby such as Lincoln Center and the Museum of Natural History
- Exclusively Outpatient with call schedule appropriate to healthy work-life balance
- Support and advance Population Health initiatives, collaborating with one of the leading groups in this work
- Fully integrated Electronic Health Record included patient-access portal, hand-held functionality for busy providers, and new inroads in e-consultations
- Additional opportunities for leadership and career development
- Provide dynamic leadership further enhancing concepts of team-based care and population-management
- Assist with marketing and practice growth strategies
- Lead quality assurance and improvement activities, driving patient-focused outcomes
- Oversee all clinical operations
- Assist with recruitment of key clinical roles
- Develop strategies to further enhance patient access, taking the next steps towards 21st century care delivery
- Assist with Continuing Education for professional staff as well as physician wellness activities
- Risk management
- Collaborate with Faculty Practice leadership and Primary Care Institute towards our shared goal of being the premier Primary Care site on the West Side of Manhattan
- Develop, implement and monitor protocols, processes and metrics in alignment with practice, FPA and Health System goals
- Assist with physician and nurse practitioner credentialing and skills maintenance
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York State Medical License
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- At least 5 years clinical practice experience in ambulatory care
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills + desire to be leader in transformed Primary Care
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System goals
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 18 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and in the top 50 in six other specialties in the 2018-2019 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 11th nationally for Ophthalmology and 44th for Ear, Nose, and Throat. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Address Cover Letter describing your experience and interest to Dr. Samuel Seward, Site Chair, Department of Medicine.
Please send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System