- Has a “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Thrives in fast-paced work environments
- Seeks to improve the status quo
- Energized to join and build a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- Delivers primary care within the practice, through both traditional face-to-face visits as well as non-visit based interactions (e.g. phone, digital messaging, and video chat).
- Assists patients to understand diagnostic tests, costs, risks, treatment options, preparing for medical appointments, and their health benefits.
- Initiates referrals to specialty services and ensures bi-directional communication with specialist to promote continuity of care.
- Works collaboratively with other staff to promote team-based care.
- Acts as a partner to their patients and their team to navigate individual benefits and guide thoughtful patient-centered decisions accordingly.
- Carries out other appropriate professional duties as may be necessary, including liaison with outside medical consultants, hospitalists, emergency room providers, etc. to ensure continuity of care, timely, appropriate care, and an excellent patient experience.
- Partners with the health center staff to provide timely navigation for patients to Mount Sinai health services.
- Actively engages in practice innovation and improvement initiatives.
- Engages in the review of data and clinical workflows of the practice and ensures systems and programs are in place to provide exceptional, safe, and compliant care.
- Conducts clinical case review and participates in educational sessions to stay current and improve one’s practice of medicine.
- Participates in development of wellness and health promotional offerings, including educational events, nutrition initiatives, fitness classes, etc.
- Participates in communicating and marketing the practice model to new patients as well as other stakeholders such as clients, patients, and third-party vendors.
- Offers support for medical and technical questions to the patients, patient care staff, management, and the client.
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York Medical License
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- 2-5 years of experience after training strongly preferred
- You are technologically savvy with interest in adopting new digital tools for providing clinical care.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating an exceptional experience for each person every time.
- You find joy and purpose in serving others and striving for improvement.
- You have a willingness to problem-solve and do what it takes to get the job done.
- You have the desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team dedicated to changing health care delivery.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 18 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and in the top 50 in six other specialties in the 2018-2019 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 11th nationally for Ophthalmology and 44th for Ear, Nose, and Throat. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.