Cardiologist needed at Valley Health in Ridgewood, NJ!
Reports To: Chair, Cardiac Services
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides direct and indirect medical care of high quality in both the office-based and hospital setting to a variety of Cardiology patients in a cost-effective and comprehensive manner.
• Demonstrates and models service excellence behavior at all times and uses AIDET steps when required. Responds with concern, cooperation and respect and establishes cooperative working relationships with all individuals with whom contact is made.
• Ensures that quality health care services are produced at the assigned office and that services are compliant with managed care contracts and third party payor guidelines.
• Ensures that evidence based care is provided when following patients in the Hospital setting.
• Utilizes appropriate and effective patient care plans, including diagnostic procedures, therapies and consultations, when rendering care. Completes charts concurrently as patients are seen.
• Assures continuity of care through adequate scheduling and tracking of return visits, when completing treatment plans and when following-up on patients with chronic problems, abnormal tests, and no-shows.
• Maintains patient confidentiality.
• Provides periodic health screening and preventive care including baseline and interval physical exams, cardiac risk appraisals, and treatment.
• Provides appropriate patient education including clear explanation of diagnosis, treatment and prognosis; use and side effects of prescribed medications; health maintenance; and the use of appropriate educational “handouts” or other written instructions.
• Audits medical records of patient contracts at the office on a daily basis including diagnostic reports and follow-up notes to assure compliance with VMG policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Utilizes infection controls and safety protocols appropriately in the delivery of medical care.
• Participates in the Corporate and office-specific business development and strategic planning process. Supports actions that promote the achievement of VMG’s strategic and tactical goals and objectives.
• Participates in practice’s on-call schedules as needed. The on-call schedule is fluid and may change depending upon staffing.
• MD or DO
• Training and experience in the specialty of Cardiology, and is Board Certified.
• Maintains up-to-date credentials including: CV, License, DEA, CDS, Board Certification, ACLS certification preferred, documentation of hospital admitting privileges, copies of managed care contracts. Forwards same (e.g., upon renewal) to Director of Clinical Services at corporate office.
• Maintains CME credit hours as required for Board Certification and/or hospital staff privileges. Forwards same (e.g., upon renewal) to Director of Medical Staff Administration.
• Outstanding interpersonal, service excellence and customer service skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills to present information to all customers and/or individuals of varying age groups.
• Ability to convey information clearly and concisely, both verbal and written.
• Ability to create, maintain and support a high functioning team; establish and foster cooperative working relationships with staff and management; and function effectively as part of that team.
• Strong orientation towards the provisions of high quality, cost effective and comprehensive medical care.
• Demonstrates behavior that is courteous, caring, respectful, and compassionate.
• Demonstrates ability to listen and respond in a non-judgmental manner, with clear expectations.
• Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the Valley Health System's Leadership Standards and Values, as well as the Valley Medical Group’s Mission and Vision Statements.
• Ability to represent the organization positively at all times.
• Ability to respect confidentiality of private healthcare, financial and other company information at all times.
• Ability to honor commitments to the job and members of the team.
• Ability to speak constructively about co-workers and the organization.
• Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for job duties and organizational responsibilities.
• Ability to support company-wide efforts to improve and maintain a high level of patient/customer satisfaction as evidenced by (but not limited to) customer/patient satisfaction survey scores and other organizational and System's targets.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 18 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and in the top 50 in six other specialties in the 2018-2019 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 11th nationally for Ophthalmology and 44th for Ear, Nose, and Throat. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System