OB/GYN needed at Valley Health in Ridgewood, NJ!
Reports to: Chair, Women's and Children's Services
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides clinical management of the obstetrics/gynecologic patient, including, but not limited to care during the prenatal, natal. and post-natal periods; treating diseases of the female organs.
• Performs Cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve
patients' health and safe delivery of newborns.
• Provides service in the inpatient and outpatient areas.
• Conducts dally rounds on inpatients to ensure continuity of care.
• Maintains current knowledge of standards of care and practices according to evidence based practice standards.
• Responsible for the quality of care provided to obstetrics and gynecology patients.
• Assists in the development of practice standards for obstetrics and gynecology.
• Provides supervision to the nurse practitioners or physician assistants in the practice.
• Acts as a resource for consultation to other physicians as needed.
• Participates on committees and teams as requested.
• Participates in educational activities for Medical, Nursing, and public audiences as
• Participates in quality assessment and Improvement activities, including, but not limited to Electronic Medical Record, patient/customer satisfaction survey scores, and other organizational and System targets.
• Performs such other duties as, from time to time, may be deemed appropriate by Valley
Medical Group Administration.
• Demonstrates and models service excellence behavior at all times. Responds with concern, cooperation, and respect. Establlshes cooperative working relationships with all individuals with whom contact is made.
• Maintains patient confidentiality.
• Utilizes appropriate and effective patient care plans. Completes documenlatlon concurrently as patients are seen.
• Assures continuity of care through adequate scheduling and tracking of return visits,
completion of treatment plans, and follow-up of chronic problems, abnormal tests, and
• Provides appropriate patient education including clear explanation of treatment; the use and side effects of prescribed medications; health maintenance; and the use of appropriate educational "handouts· or other written Instructions.
• Delegates clinical tasks appropriate to the level of training of each staff member.
• Provides an accounting of services rendered and accurate, specific diagnosis codes for each patient by completing appropriate billing/reimbursement documentation.
• Utilizes infection control end safety protocols appropriately.
• Maintains familiarity with practice's on-site diagnostic procedures and equipment.
• Ensures the professional development of self and team, i.e. pursues continuing education opportunities and shares knowledge as appropriate with other members of the health care team; participates in professional organizations; reads professional journals and texts; etc.
• Participates in the practice's "on-call' schedules as needed. Is available for emergency calls from VMG staff or physicians.
• Identifies opportunities to Improve processes, reports, or systems that take advantage or cost savings, employee satisfaction, and/or customer satisfaction. Promotes and practices economical and effective healthcare.
• Completes In a timely manner all managed care applications, credentialing and re credentialing requests from the corporate office.
• Abides by guidelines established by all managed care and insurance payors Including Medicare.
• MD or DO
• Doctor must be board eligible in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Doctor must become board certified In Obstetrics and Gynecology in accordance with The Valley Hospital's Medical Board Rulings regarding Board Certification.
• Maintains up-to-<late credentials including: CV, License, DEA, CDS, Board Certification,
documentation of hospital admitting privileges.
• Maintains CME credit hours as required for Board Certification and/or hospital staff privileges.
• Outstanding Interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbal and written
• Ability and Interest to function as part of a team
• Exhibits a strong orientation toward the provision of high quality, cost effective, comprehensive medical care.
• Demonstrates behavior that is courteous, caring, respectful and compassionate. Listens and responds in a non-judgmental manner, with clear explanations.
• Demonstrates behavior that models the Valley Health System values and standards as well as the Valley Medical Group Mission and Vision Statements.
• Represents the organization positively
• Respects patient confidentiality at all times
• Honors commitments to the job and coworkers
• Speaks constructively about co-workers and the organization.
• Assumes responsibility and accountability of Job duties
• Supports company-wide efforts to improve and maintain a high level of patienVcustomer satisfaction as evidenced by (but not limited to) customer/patient satisfaction survey scores.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, and Orthopedics in the 2019-2020 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology and the South Nassau Communities Hospital is ranked 35th nationally for Urology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System