Mount Sinai Doctors Brooklyn Heights,a multi-specialty practice in a state of the art facility, is currently seeking a full-time Internal Medicine physician to join it’s practice in Downtown Brooklyn!
Mount Sinai Doctors Brooklyn Heights is a multi-specialty practice in Brooklyn, New York dedicated to providing exceptional “whole person” healthcare. In additional to adult and pediatric primary care, there are a multitude of specialties located on site, including Allergy, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, OBGyn, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Physical Medicine, Surgery, Liver Transplant, Urology. We offer access to on-site Urgent Care, Radiology and Phlebotomy services.
While working in conjunction with several PCPs and specialists, as well as administrative staff members, the ideal candidates will be committed to excellence in patient care and customer service. The physician’s strong medical background will play an instrumental role in ensuring quality outcomes and satisfaction. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to partner with the world renowned, Icahn School of Medicine. Competitive benefits and salary offered.
- Practice Size: 40+ physicians and growing
- Collaborate with multi-specialty practice colleagues as an integral part of a health system
- Benefit from the education, research, and clinical program of Icahn School of - Medicine at Mount Sinai, one of the top ranked schools nationally
- Significant opportunities for leadership and career development
- Dedicated support staff including Medical Assistants and LPNs
- EMR System: EPIC
-Competitive benefits and salary including productivity bonus
1. Reviewing with the Medical Director and Chief, all individuals requesting a Hospital/School appointment in the Section of Internal Medicine at the Mount Sinai Doctors Brooklyn Heights location.
2. Work with the Medical Director and Chief in monitoring the quality and appropriateness of Internal Medicine care at Mount Sinai Hospital when rendered by physicians with clinical privileges on the Service and Department of Internal Medicine training programs.
3. May recommend and assist the Medical Director or Chief in the development of policies and procedures that encompass patient care, patient safety, etc. in compliance with accepted standards, regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the guidelines/rules of accrediting bodies for the Mount Sinai Doctors Brooklyn Heights location.
4. Serve on Department Committees as assigned by the Medical Director or Chief, setting agenda, organizing meetings, following up on recommendations and disseminating information.
5. Assist the Chief of the service to ensure that the quality and appropriateness of clinical care are monitored and evaluated and that appropriate action based on findings is taken when necessary.
6. In concert with other members of the Department, participate in improving patient satisfaction through the Press Ganey initiatives and monitoring patient satisfaction reports and results. Helps to develop plans by which the Department of Internal Medicine physicians can contribute to improvement of patient satisfaction with clinical services in all Mount Sinai’s health care facilities.
7. Recommend and assist the Chief of the Internal Medicine Service in developing, implementing and updating strategic long-and short-range plans to support the Department’s philosophy and goals.
8. Meet with Hospital and Nursing leadership to review all areas related to quality and appropriateness of patient care and other similar issues and metrics they may arise.
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York Medical License
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Some experience preferred
- Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, and Orthopedics in the 2019-2020 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology and the South Nassau Communities Hospital is ranked 35th nationally for Urology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System