Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Associate Bioinformatician manages and organizes large databases, and conducts statistical and genomic analysis. Uses software to gather, store, manipulate and analyzes research data.
- The Associate Bioinformatician will work with a group of researchers/biologists on innovative genomic analyses of structural variation, epigenetics, and gene expression in an integrated environment combining experimental and bioinformatic approaches to human disease. The individual will support research projects by delivering bioinformatics services for bio-medical data from cutting-edge genomic technologies
- Academic degree in quantitative sciences (computer science, mathematics, statistics, or physics), computational biology/bioinformatics, or biological sciences with a strong proven record of programming.
- Strong programming skills in Python, C++ or Java. Machine learning, deep learning, statistics, R and SQL would be a bonus.
- Strong interest in human genetics, genomics, and disease. Publication record would be a bonus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. A team player.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.