Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
NURSING ADMINISTRATION - Req #79763
Job Title: Per Diem Payroll Representative
Responsible for the performance of payroll system processing transactions for assigned departments. Records, verifies and reconciles time cards and other payroll data; coordinates activities with department managers, Human Resources and/or the main Payroll Department; and responds to departmental inquiries.
- Ensures that payroll information is accurately entered into the appropriate system(s); evaluates data entries for accuracy, completeness and conformity with established policies and procedures. Reviews such data as schedule entries calculations, benefits entitlement and shift differentials.
- Investigates departmental inquires involving recalculation of overtime, benefits, on-call shift differentials and/or reversal of payments.
- Processes advance vacation request payments; inputs appropriate data into AtStaff, GEAC and other prevailing payroll systems. Coordinates the transfer of benefits maintenance data.
- Prepares pro-rata benefits changes for the bargaining and non-bargaining units.
- Responds to departmental inquiries and issues related to payroll information. Works to resolve issues and problems in an expeditious and satisfactory manner.
- Communicates payroll policies and procedures to department managers and other staff members as needed.
- Cultivates and maintains an effective working relationship with departments.
- Performs other related duties.
- Associate's Degree - (Bachelor's preferred)
- 2 years of payroll experience including at least 1 year working directly with federal, state and local payroll regulations and tax tables to determine deductions.
- MS Office Suite - Basic
- Automated payroll system
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of federal, state and local payroll regulations and tax tables
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail Oriented