Candidates should be Board Eligible or Board Certified in Critical Care Medicine. Physicians who may wish to divide their efforts between Critical Care and a primary specialty (e.g., Anesthesiology, Surgery, Medicine, and Emergency Medicine,) are encouraged to apply.
The position will include an academic appointment in the candidates primary specialty as well as a cross appointment in the Institute for Critical Care Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. We offer employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Cardiothoracic ICU and Cardiovascular ICU at Mount Sinai Hospital
- 24 bed CTICU & 14 bed combined CVU/CTICU
- >1800 cardiac surgery cases each year and growing
- Routine & Complex Cardiac surgical cases
- Heart transplants, LVAD, ECMO, TAH,
- Transcatheter Valvular Procedures
- 24/7 Attending coverage
The Cardiothoracic ICU at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital
- 12 Bed CTICU
- Routine and Complex cardiac surgical cases
- Robotic Surgery
- Expanding Critical Care Team
Both campuses offer:
- Academic appointment at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Outstanding collaborative and collegial work environment with a large intensive care group (15-18 cardiovascular intensivists)
- Opportunities for academic involvement in research and teaching
- Ideally located in the heart of New York City
- Mount Sinai is ranked #8 in US News and World Report for Cardiology and Heart Surgery
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System