Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mount Sinai Faculty Doctors Ansonia Medical Director
The chosen candidate will become part of a primary care team in the heart of the Upper West Side. The Medical Director will have an administrative role that includes leading in quality of care improvement activities, overseeing clinical operations, and supervision of clinical staff and physicians. The candidate will have the opportunity to participate as a leader in the development of the emerging Mount Sinai Population Health initiatives including pay for performance, team based care, and clinical transformation activities. He or she may be responsible for teaching Mount Sinai School of Medicine students on ambulatory rotations. This position is outpatient only. Competitive salary and benefits offered.
- Work with primary care team in the Upper West Side and lead Mount Sinai Population Health initiatives
- Serve a diverse population and live in a vibrant neighborhood with cultural activities nearby such as the Lincoln Center and Museum of Natural History
- Outpatient only
- Support staff: LPN, medical assistants, CDEs, a pharmacist, and care coordinators
- Call schedule example: 1 in 7 weeks, phone only
- EMR system: EPIC linked to MSHS in-patient and Emergency Department
- Administrative and teaching responsibilities
- Competitive salary and benefits offered including productivity bonuses, medical, dental, vision, malpractice coverage, and CME stipends
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York Medical License
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
- Minimum 2-4 years post-graduate outpatient clinical experience
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
- Previous experience as a physician-manager and/or Medical Director a plus
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System