REPORTS TO: Chair, Primary Care Services
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides comprehensive medical services for patients on a continuing basis.
- Provides, assesses and examines patients in order to make diagnosis
- Examines patients, using medical instruments and equipment.
- Elicits and records information about patients' medical history.
- Orders or executes various tests to provide information on patient's condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and medications.
- Promotes health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods of disease prevention.
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Refers patients to specialist for consultant services when necessary for the patient's well being.
- Physician works collaboratively and cooperatively with peer providers, and within the organization.
- Demonstrates and models service excellence behavior at all times. Responds with concern, cooperation, and respect.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Utilizes appropriate and effective patient care plans. Completes documentation concurrently as patients are seen.
- Assures continuity of care through adequate scheduling and tracking of return visits, completion of treatment plans, and follow-up of chronic problems, abnormal tests, and “no-shows”.
- Provides appropriate patient education including clear explanation of treatment; the use and side effects of prescribed medications; health maintenance; and the use of appropriate educational “handouts” or other written instructions.
- Delegates clinical tasks appropriate to the level of training of each staff member.
- Provides an accounting of services rendered and accurate, specific diagnosis codes for each patient by completing appropriate billing/reimbursement documentation.
- Utilizes infection control and safety protocols appropriately.
- Maintains familiarity with practice’s on-site diagnostic procedures and equipment.
- Ensures the professional development of self and team, i.e. pursues continuing education opportunities and shares knowledge as appropriate with other members of the health care team; participates in professional organizations; reads professional journals and texts; etc.
- Participates in the practice’s “on-call” schedules as needed. Is available for emergency calls from VMG staff or physicians.
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes, reports, or systems that take advantage of cost savings, employee satisfaction, and/or customer satisfaction. Promotes and practices economical and effective healthcare.
- Completes in a timely manner all managed care applications, credentialing and re-credentialing requests from the corporate office.
- Abides by guidelines established by all managed care and insurance payors including Medicare.
- Conducts daily rounds on inpatients to ensure continuity of care.
- Maintains current knowledge of standards of care and practices according to evidence based practice standards.
- Responsible for the quality of care provided to ophthalmology patients.
- Assists in the development of practice standards for ophthalmology.
- Provides supervision to the nurse practitioners or physician assistants in the practice.
- Acts as a resource for consultation to other physicians as needed.
- Participates on committees and teams as requested.
- Assists in the development of new strategic market areas for service expansion.
- Participates in educational activities for Medical, Nursing, Ancillary and public audiences as requested.
- Participates in quality assessment and improvement activities, including, but not limited to Electronic Medical Record, patient/customer satisfaction survey scores, and other organizational and System targets.
- Performs such other duties as, from time to time, may be deemed appropriate by Valley Medical Group Administration.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbal and written
- Ability and interest to function as part of a team
- Exhibits a strong orientation toward the provision of high quality, cost effective, comprehensive medical care.
- Demonstrates behavior that is courteous, caring, respectful and compassionate. Listens and responds in a non-judgmental manner, with clear explanations.
- Demonstrates behavior that models the Valley Health System values and standards as well as the Valley Medical Group Mission and Vision Statements.
- Represents the organization positively
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times
- Honors commitments to the job and coworkers
- Speaks constructively about co-workers and the organization.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability of job duties
- Supports company-wide efforts to improve and maintain a high level of patient/customer satisfaction as evidenced by (but not limited to) customer/patient satisfaction survey scores.
Physical Demands\Working Conditions:
- Office environment
- Frequent talking, sitting, and writing
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, and reaching is necessary
- Has working knowledge of all office equipment, including but not limited to telephones and telephone system capabilities, copy machine, fax machine, personal computer for word processing and practice management and/or electronic medical record software.
- Concentration, corrected vision, and attention to detail are necessary
- MD or DO
- Maintains up-to-date credentials including: CV, License, DEA, CDS, Board Certification, documentation of hospital admitting privileges.
- Maintains CME credit hours as required for Board Certification and/or hospital staff privileges.
In addition to the full-time schedule, the Doctor shall share call equally with other full-time physicians in the group.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System