Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Physiatrist for Director of Health and Wellness Services for Valley Health in NJ!
- Develop an outpatient physiatrist practice working in collaboration with the VHS Medical Staff.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with physicians in the Department of Orthopedics, Neurosciences, Pain Management and Oncology and develop clinical disposition protocols assessing appropriate services for spine, oncology, and other service lines.
- Doctor shall actively assume the role of Medical Director for a minimum of 360 hours per year, with a maximum of 420 hours per year for the Term.
- Doctor shall be an integral member of the Planning and Development Task Force and Doctor shall lead all physician components of the Task Force.
- Doctor shall chair the Medical Advisory Board which will include key users and important physician service groups. Periodic meetings shall be held on at least a quarterly basis.
- Doctor and Medical Advisory Board shall recommend the development of specific protocols, policies and procedures for the development of a patient focused care environment of the highest quality in collaboration with the Health & Wellness Centers' Medical Staff, Directors/Managers, and the VMG Chief Medical Officer.
- Doctor shall provide medical oversight and presence during programs/classes requiring an on-site physician.
- Doctor shall meet with Medical Directors, Community Health and Departments as needed and individual physicians to promote the wellness services.
- Doctor may be involved in the general marketing of the facility through speeches or other presentations on an as needed basis.
- Doctor shall work collaboratively with the Chief Medical Officer, Executive Director, and the Medical Advisory Board for current, restructured, or new programs.
- Doctor develops and directs future programmatic visions for the Services including strategic planning for the Health & Wellness Centers along with present and future expansion projects in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Doctor helps to formulate financial targets and goals for the Services.
- Doctor will collaborate with Chief Medical Officer, Department Directors and Managers, the Medical Advisory Board, and Health & Wellness Centers' Medical Staff to address, investigate and resolve medical staff conflicts and complaints.
- Doctor will join the Medical Fitness Association and along with the Director, serve as the “face" of Health and Wellness Services for Valley Hospital.
- Doctor shall clinically and administratively oversee and supervise Nurse Practitioner(s) and Physical Therapists providing medical services at the Health and Wellness Center.
Expectations / Requirements
- Maintenance of Board Certification in Physiatry.
- Greater than three (3) years’ experience in clinical care.
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System