We have immediate openings for part-time and full-time psychiatrists in our emergency psychiatry services. You will provide direct care to patients experiencing mental health crises, collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, and consult to the main emergency department. All sites are academic teaching sites with residents and medical students, affording many opportunities for teaching and mentoring. All sites also have strong linkages with Health Home care coordination, with innovative pilots underway to connect patients to community and crisis services supports. Opportunities to participate in these innovative service delivery and clinical care pilots are available at all sites.
Qualified candidates will be board certified or board eligible Psychiatrists, and should possess NYS license to practice medicine. Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai faculty appointment commensurate with experience. Previous psychiatric emergency department or psychosomatic medicine experience a plus. Positions available immediately.
- Board certified or board eligible Psychiatrist.
- Possess NYS license to practice medicine.
- At least one year post-residency clinical experience in an acute care psychiatric setting preferred.
- Excellent clinical knowledge and communication skills required.
- Must possess highly collaborative and proactive approach, and demonstrate commitment to high-quality, cost-effective health care.
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in and grow a team-oriented, performance-driven department
- Qualifications for Assistant Professor or higher level required.